Become an ACIT Member
>> JOIN TODAY! <<
What are the benefits of joining?
As a member of ACIT, your company receives the following benefits:
- Industry advocacy and communications on legislative and regulatory policies;
- Participation at Texas Chemical Council (TCC) industry events;
- Participation in ACIT regional meetings, including economic outlook meetings, social mixers and industry golf tournaments;
- The monthly official industry newsletter for TCC/ACIT;
- ACIT membership directory;
- “Members Only” access to the ACIT website;
- Involvement in legislative and political events, including Chemicals Day at the Texas Capitol;
- Participation at the annual TCC/ACIT Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Seminar;
- Involvement in industry educational and public image outreach programs; and
- Invitation to TCC/ACIT Annual Industry Awards Banquet.
ACIT is headquartered in Austin, representing member companies across the state. The state is identified by 6 geographical regions.
Region 1 Houston/Ship Channel: (Austin, Harris, Waller, Montgomery and Galveston counties)
Region 2 Mid-Coast: (Brazoria, Fort Bend, Matagorda and Wharton counties)
Region 3 Golden Triangle: (Chambers, Hardin, Jefferson, Liberty and Orange counties)
Region 4 South Texas: (Aransas, Bee, Calhoun, Goliad, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleburg, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, and Victoria counties)
Region 5 Greater Texas
Region 6 Out-of-State
Making a Difference
The Texas Chemical Council (TCC) and ACIT host an annual Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Seminar. The EHS Seminar is a unique, world-class opportunity for industry representatives to share best practices and discover new tools to enhance the success of your businesses.The Seminar offers sessions led by experts in all aspects of the industry, providing attendees with quality training and accredited educational credits.
ACIT provides member companies with strong legislative and regulatory advocacy and publishes regular updates about issues impacting the chemical industry in Texas.Key regulatory issue areas include:
- Environmental Issues - TCC and ACIT support a competitive business climate in Texas that balances the state’s economic needs with sound science-based and cost effective environmental policy at all levels of government.
- Taxes - TCC and ACIT support a fair and equitable tax system that is broad-based and promotes job creation, economic investment and a competitive edge for Texas businesses.
- Safety and Security - Maintaining a safe and secure workplace is a priority of the chemical industry in Texas. TCC and ACIT promote measures that protect the safety, health and security of industry sites, employees, and the public.
- Energy Issues - Ensuring an adequate energy supply with competitive rates is critical to sustain the Texas chemical industry’s competitiveness in the global market. TCC and ACIT support a diverse and competitive energy supply and oppose technology mandates.
Working together for the future of Texas
>> JOIN TODAY! <<